Internet marketing is rather a vague term. Every website is a internet business but each is unique. In this real world Apple Inc and Pizza hut are both a kind of business but you certainly wouldn’t run both the same way. Well at least not for long. Internet marketing is the process of connecting with consumers via internet for the purpose of selling products/services. Internet marketing today is growing at a rapid pace and more and more people are getting connected to it. As human we want everything on our door step and internet has brought the market inside our house.
What are the benefits of Internet marketing?
Well as stated in an advertisement “GOT A BUSSINESS GET A WEBSITE“ today even small and medium sized business owners have a website that will enable the growth of the company; As the world is becoming smarter and more efficient people across the globe have started realizing the importance of Internet marketing; Internet have been able to penetrate all part of the globe and humans are not limited to a particular geographical area therefore people from every corner of the world can take the initiative of internet marketing;
Let’s explore some of the key benefits of internet marketing:-
- Internet marketing helps you to attract prospective customers who are already looking for the products and services that you offer which enables you to reel in those prospects that are ready to make a commitment.
- Marketing your business online with targeted pay per Click advertising allows you to draw in those prospects who live within a certain area (or who are looking for key services in the area where you do business).
- Web marketing helps to draw in an increased number of site visitors who aren’t fully committed to making a purchase but who will be provided your web site is able to reel them in.
- With no time you can create a campaign and send it across to major social networking sites including LinkedIn Twitter or Facebook . This will help you in improving your online revenues and increase your bottom-line over the period of time.
- Internet marketing leads to product innovation. Vendors are informed about preferences and likings of the end users and they manufacture or present the services in a desired manner.
Internet Marketing strategies:-
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) If u want your website to rank on top of the search engine then this is one of the most important factor to look upon as “everyone wants to come first nobody likes to come last“.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) SEO is the process of creating elements within your website that enhance its ability to be found through organic (i.e. non-paid) keyword searches. • Meta data • Keyword rich text • Fresh content • Blogs
SEO and marketing is a very effective and FREE method to generate traffic to your website. This strategy involves optimizing your pages to appeal to search engines and thus helps get you a higher ranking in the search results for your targeted keyword. 90% of searchers don’t look past the first page so if you can get in the top ten search results for your term, you are guaranteed to get some decent traffic to your website.
Email Marketing is using email to distribute your marketing messages. Email marketing occurs when a company sends a commercial message to a group of people by use of electronic email. Most commonly through advertisements, requests for business, or sales or donation solicitation, any email communication is considered email marketing if it helps to build customer loyalty, trust in a product or company or brand recognition. Email marketing is an efficient way to stay connected with your clients while also promoting your business.
Some advantages of email marketing:-
- Low Cost – Communicating via email has many of the advantages of traditional direct mail but with much lower costs
- Speed – If you need to you can get a message out to your entire list very fast
- Ease (both for you and the reader) – For your marketing to be a success it has to be easy for the recipient, but it helps that email marketing is easy for you too as it means you can do it yourself
- Tracking – Everything from how many emails were opened, through to each individual link click can be tracked, meaning you can hone your techniques and improve performance
- Viral – It’s so easy for people to forward your message on to others, spreading further than you could alone.
Risks of Email marketing
- Branded a spammer - Without singling out any particular instance, even the best lists will get marked as spam occasionally because some people can’t be bothered to use the unsubscribe links. Also some people have a … strange … definition of what spam is..
- Breaking the law - Be aware that due to nasty spammers there are very strict laws around the world and it is easy to break them. For example, collecting email addresses without the owners consent,is a crime
- . Alienating readers – It never ceases to surprise me how many people get carried away with email marketing and go way over the top. Your messages do not have to read like snake oil, and every email does not have to carry a “absolutely must buy now before ____” urgency call to action. Remember your list members are human beings and all should go well though.
Pay Per Click campaign (PPC Campaigns):-
Pay Per Click is a word you may have never heard before. However, if you are familiar with the online world, this phrase is more popular than ever. PPC advertising is an important part of how bloggers and websites get paid for their services. For example: an individual visits you site and clicks on a few ads. If they stay on the advertiser’s website for quite sometimes, that is how the website owner gets paid. Two popular networks are Google Adwords and Facebook Ads. You aren’t paying for impressions and are only charged for visitors who click through and arrive at your website. This is most effective with proper keyword research to ensure the highest conversions possible.
Ultimately a part of SEO but can also generate some additional traffic as well. Link building is a method where you post links to your site across various forums, blogs, social networks, etc. to get the SEO benefit of links pointing towards your page. By posting these links however you are also inevitably going to get some visitors from people finding and clicking on those links and arriving at your site.